The Khattri Co-operative (U) Bank Ltd., was established as society on the 30th Day of October, 1939 under the provisions of the then Punjab Co-operative Societies Act, 1912, now known as the Delhi Co-operative Societies Act., 2003. It was promoted by the persons belonging to The Khattri community to encourage self-help, thrift, cooperation and to serve and safeguard the economic interest of the community members.
The Bank got Banking Licence from Reserve bank of India in the year 1986 and thereafter started growing at a rapid pace, catering to all financial needs of its members / customers by rendering prompt services. The Bank opened its first Branch at Krishna Nagar, Delhi and the second Branch in the locality of Saini Enclave, Karkardooma, Delhi. The Bank has always been classified as 'A' category Bank and has been awarded with the Best Co-operative Bank's Award by the Delhi Govt. three times.